Travel Portal by Engineers World
Travel Tips India
1) When travelling by autorickshaw, never ever get into the vehicle if there is another person accompanying the driver.
2) While travelling in train do not accept any food or drink from any local co-passenger even they are very friendly or polite.
3) Most places in India have ATM's that accept MasterCard and Visa credit cards. Carry a reasonable amount of cash and then withdraw regularly.
4) In most buses (private and public) a few seats at the front of the bus are reserved for women. Males will vacate the seat while you stand near seats reserved for women.
5) Female Travellers comming from abroad are requested to wear traditional Indian Clothes. Kindly avoid wearing short skirts becuase you get unwanted attention from dozen of guys in the area.
6) While going for shopping only pay affter barganing unless you saw a fixed price label.
7) Try to drink mineral water sealed in bottle packets.
8) Ask for Menu before eating Food Materials.
9) Dont give money for Beggers. If you give money for one person some other beggers in the area also distrub you for getting money.
10) The communication network in India is considerably reliable. STD/ISD booths are available on almost every corner throughout the country. Cyber Cafes and hotels also provide calling and internet facilities, which makes local and international calling easy for the tourists. Hence making calls to India and from India is easy and cheap.